Making your own broth:
Portable soup (bouillonblokje)
Store bought broth:
This recipe takes us right back to our grandma's! Get ready to know how to make it, because we will be posting the sustainable version very soon. You can either choose to make the vegetable broth yourself or use a store bought broth (we often use the store bought one, because it saves us a lot of time). You can also make the broth and freeze what you don't use!
Option 1 (making the vegetable broth):
1. Cook the whole chicken, celery, herb bouquet and portable soup (bouillonblokje or cube de stock) for one hour. Pluck the chicken from the bones and sieve the broth.
Option 2 (using store bought vegetable broth):
1. Cook 400 ml of water and add to pieces of portable soup (bouillonblokje or cube de stock). Cut the chicken into small pieces and bake it in olive oil.
2. Roll the chicken mince into balls and cook them in the vegetable broth.
3. Bake the mushrooms in olive oil (you can add them to the chicken for option 1).
4. Melt the butter, add the flour and stir until it starts to smell like cake. Add the vegetable broth slowly and add lemon, pepper, salt and garlic for taste. Add a dash of cream. Add the chicken and the chicken mince balls.
5. Prepare the croustade (videe) in the oven and serve. Enjoy!
Global Warming Potential
% compared to an average meal