Vegan stew (stoofvlees)
20 min (+ 60 min of simmering)
Our own grandmother loved this recipe! It is a truly traditional Belgian dish and is indeed basically beer in a way you never thought you would taste it.
1. Add olive oil to the pan and bake the onions until they are glazed.
2. Add the seitan, the carrots and the mushrooms. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the beer (use enough beer to cover all ingredients).
4. Spread the slice of bread with mustard and add this to the pot (mustard facing down).
5. Add bay leaf and thyme.
6. Let simmer for at least one hour. Add cornstarch if the stew isn't thick enough
7. Serve with french fries, potatoes or kroketjes! Enjoy.
Global Warming Potential
% compared to an average meal